We need your help!
There are a number of volunteer opportunities at the Salmon Center. They range from helping in the tool shed to counting juvenile salmon on their journey out of the streams. Here are just a few of the opportunities available. If you’re interested in any of these opportunities, or have questions about volunteering, please contact us.
- Steelhead smolt trap monitoring (Winter/Spring)
- Redd surveys/pumping (Spring)
- Union River adult fish trap monitoring (August-October)
- Coho adult spawner surveys (Fall)
- Stream habitat surveys (summer)
- Knotweed surveys/treatments/planting
- NatureMapping/recording nature observations
- Office support (greeting visitors, data entry)
- Education/Docent programs
- Volunteer coordination
Around the Farm
- Gardening/Weeding/Tending Greenhouses
- Animal husbandry (alpacas, llamas, goats, and chickens)
- Farm and building maintenance