We need your help!
There are a number of volunteer opportunities at the Pacific Northwest Salmon Center. They range from helping in the tool shed to counting juvenile salmon on their journey out of the streams. Here are just a few of the opportunities available. If you’re interested in any of these opportunities, or have questions about volunteering, please contact us.
- Steelhead smolt trap monitoring (Winter/Spring)
- Redd surveys/pumping (Spring)
- Union River adult fish trap monitoring (August-October)
- Coho adult spawner surveys (Fall)
- Stream habitat surveys (summer)
- Knotweed surveys/treatments/planting
- NatureMapping/recording nature observations
- Office support greeting visitors, data entry)
- Education/Docent programs
- Volunteer coordination
Around the Farm
- Gardening/Weeding/Tending Greenhouses
- Animal husbandry (alpacas, llamas, goats, and chickens)
- Farm and building maintenance