If you’re interested in any of our volunteer opportunities and are a new volunteer, please complete a registration form.
Volunteer for a Planting Party
Volunteer at a planting party with HCSEG! We will be planting native shrubs and conifers in critical salmon habitat on the Hood Canal watershed.
The hard work of HCSEG and our volunteer community removing invasive plant species and bringing in more native varieties has helped our local ecosystems bounce back and develop healthy habitats for salmon once more.
The plantings can also be found on our website calendar.
We will always meet at the Salmon Center first!
600 NE Roessel RD. Belfair WA 98592
All plantings are from 10am-3pm
- December 7: Union River Estuary
- January 11: Big Anderson
- January 25: Big Anderson
- February 8: Mindy Creek
- February 22: Tahuya
- March 7: Union River Estuary
Please wear warm clothes, boots, and work gloves!
Hot drinks (Coffee and tea), and snacks will be provided.
RSVP with firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer on the Farm
We need a few volunteers to help us feed the farm animals. Follow the link below to see what times are available –
Volunteer for our PIC Program
Our PIC program is the Hood Canal Pollution Identification and Correction Ambient Stream Monitoring project. Shifts will be made available at least one week in advance. If you have questions about volunteering for this program, please message Travis Casey at email@example.com.
We need your help!
There are a number of volunteer opportunities at the Salmon Center. They range from helping in the tool shed to counting juvenile salmon on their journey out of the streams. Here are just a few of the opportunities available. If you’re interested in any of these opportunities, or have questions about volunteering, please contact us. Prior to volunteering, HCSEG requires new volunteers to complete a registration, which can be found here!
Project Season Overview:
- Steelhead smolt trap monitoring (Spring)
- Union River adult fish trap monitoring (August-October)
- Union River juvenile fish trap monitoring (Jan-May)
- Stream habitat surveys (Summer)
- Knotweed surveys/treatments/planting (Summer/Fall)
- Bird and water quality surveys (Year Round)
Office Work (Year Round)
- Office support (greeting visitors, data entry)
- Education/Docent programs
Around the Farm (Year Round)
- Gardening/Weeding/Tending Greenhouses
- Animal husbandry (alpacas, llamas, goats, and chickens)
- Farm and building maintenance