If you’re interested in any of our volunteer opportunities and are a new volunteer, please complete a registration form.
Volunteer now for our Summer Chum Outmigration Project!
HCSEG is seeking volunteers to help monitor our migrating summer chum in the Union River. HCSEG staff will train you on how to conduct monitoring, and all waders/boots/equipment will be provided!
Once you’ve registered, sign up for a volunteer time here!
Volunteer on the Farm
We need a few volunteers to help us feed the farm animals. Follow the link below to see what times are available –
Volunteer for our PIC Program
Our PIC program is the Hood Canal Pollution Identification and Correction Ambient Stream Monitoring project. Shifts will be made available at least one week in advance. If you have questions about volunteering for this program, please message Travis Casey at email@example.com.
We need your help!
There are a number of volunteer opportunities at the Salmon Center. They range from helping in the tool shed to counting juvenile salmon on their journey out of the streams. Here are just a few of the opportunities available. If you’re interested in any of these opportunities, or have questions about volunteering, please contact us. Prior to volunteering, HCSEG requires new volunteers to complete a registration, which can be found here!
Project Season Overview:
- Steelhead smolt trap monitoring (Spring)
- Union River adult fish trap monitoring (August-October)
- Union River juvenile fish trap monitoring (Jan-May)
- Stream habitat surveys (Summer)
- Knotweed surveys/treatments/planting (Summer/Fall)
- Bird and water quality surveys (Year Round)
Office Work (Year Round)
- Office support (greeting visitors, data entry)
- Education/Docent programs
Around the Farm (Year Round)
- Gardening/Weeding/Tending Greenhouses
- Animal husbandry (alpacas, llamas, goats, and chickens)
- Farm and building maintenance