We need your help!
There are a number of volunteer opportunities at the Salmon Center. They range from helping in the tool shed to counting juvenile salmon on their journey out of the streams. Here are just a few of the opportunities available. If you’re interested in any of these opportunities, or have questions about volunteering, please contact us. Prior to volunteering, HCSEG requires new volunteers to complete a registration, which can be found here!
- Steelhead smolt trap monitoring (Spring)
- Union River adult fish trap monitoring (August-October)
- Adult spawner surveys (Fall)
- Forage fish beach surveys (Year Round)
- Stream habitat surveys (Summer)
- Knotweed surveys/treatments/planting (Summer/Fall)
- Bird and water quality surveys (Year Round)
Office Work (Year Round)
- Office support (greeting visitors, data entry)
- Education/Docent programs
Around the Farm (Year Round)
- Gardening/Weeding/Tending Greenhouses
- Animal husbandry (alpacas, llamas, goats, and chickens)
- Farm and building maintenance